Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

housemanship, SPM Malay, O Level Malay

I studied in Brunei, did my Olevel there. Hence, i do not have SPM Malay.

Since i am applying for Housemanship in Malaysia, one needs to have SPM Malay no matter what.

I have called VARIOUS government sectors about this. Well, here are some of the facts that you might need to know.

MQA has stated that Brunei O Level has the same standards as those of SPM. However, you need to confirm with the ministry that you are attached to whether they can accept the substitute.

KKM :
- since i'll be an employee of the ministry, they told me i need to have SPM Malay. I have 1 year after registration to do so.

So, what do i have to do? 

Once my housemanship starts, i need to refer to the hospital's admin and ask them whether they can apply the SPM Malay for me.

Lembaga Peperiksaan stated that i have to register in March as a private candidate. You are required to register with Lembaga Peperiksaan Negeri. Since i am going to Miri Hospital, i need to register there.

Since i do not have SPM at all, i will sit for November paper. However, some said u can skip this, and do the June papers; which are easier instead. I still need to confirm about this once i start working in Miri. The papers will be the same as those normal SPM paper.

I spent about 1 hour, just to get confirmation on this matter. I called MQA, JPA, SPA, KKM and finally, Lembaga Peperiksaan. I got directed to many numbers, having to say the same things all over again! At one point, i got pissed off about it!

Haish, why do they make things complicated?!?! As if we use perfect Malay in our everyday life anyway!

2 shout outs!:

zzz said...

I'm now stuck in the same situation as you are. Please please help me and tell me about your experience and how did you overcome it.

HaNaNi PaNiNi said...

Hello there

I think ive blogged about the solution in my later posts. I think it's in May 2012

Post a Comment