Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

OBS n Gynae

I was supposed to post this yesterday but somehow i could not figure out what went wrong with the post. Here is the repost: 

They said O&G is the busiest posting in Hospital Miri. I cannot comment further on this since this is my first posting. However after going through it for almost 2 weeks, there were times that I feel like giving up. But then, due to good support by my friends, that feelings turn into motivation to hang on with it. 

The patient load in this dept varies from day to day. The fact that this dept invovles 2 lives, serious considerations should be given at all times. A few minutes of late decisions can cause a permanent damage to the baby i.e cerebral palsy. 

Though there are only 10 available beds in labour room, the cycle can be non stop! What makes things worse if there are emergency caesarean that could be due to Acute Fetal Distress or Poor Labour Progress. The whole labour room team will go haywire! I can say that the varieties of cases here are not much differ than those elsewhere. 

As of to date, Ive conducted deliveries, do ARM, assisted caesareans. The housemen can also use the ultasound machines. Something that I know some other hospitals do not allow to. 

Otherwise, I am stil havin problems with V/E and physical examination skills. I can feel down the whole day because of this. Theory wise, I think i am doing okay. Gaaahh, i just need to put in more effort for exposure. 

Ok then, I have a patient to attend. See you later!!

Sent from Hanani's iPhone! Woo!

0 shout outs!:

Post a Comment