Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Week 1 Tagging

I have been working for almost a week now. I am posted to Labour Room of O&G. truthfully, i experienced culture shock starting Housemanship.

1. I still felt like medical student on my day 1. Then after handling a few patients, I realised the responsibilities that I carried.

2. I've realised that what you learnt in Medical School are not what you will practice in real life. In OSCE, you have 1 hour to clerk case and do Physical Examination but in real life, you are required to clerk case, do physical, take blood and manage patient within one hour!!

3. Documentation is totally a pain in the ass. You need to learn the short forms, filling up forms, sign here, sign there. It is beneficial if you have chop ready with your MMC registration no. You will need them!!

4. Miri Hospital has on-call system. I'll be doing 8 oncalls for October alone! If you want shift systems, dont come here.

0 shout outs!:

Post a Comment